Enjoy this wonderful dessert recipe for brownies made from black beans. They are full of fiber rich black beans. For a richer flavor, I add an apple and a little ground decaf coffee. With omega fats, this recipe has no butter, so no saturated fats. That makes it a healthy alternative for dessert or a snack.
I am hooked on these and when I get that “I want a fresh baked brownie craving”, I grab a can of black beans and start cooking. I have to admit that I enjoy one with a cup of tea or coffee for breakfast once in awhile. I love brownies. If you do too, I think you’ll find this is a fabulous splurge that hits the chocolate craving.
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs whites and I full egg
- 1 medium sized apple, cored
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup organic white sugar
- ½ tsp decaf ground coffee
- 1/2 bag extra dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare an 8 x 8 baking pan with canola oil to prevent sticking.
- In your blender place beans, eggs, sliced cored apple and blend until smooth, empty into mixing bowl, add vanilla, cocoa powder, sugar, coffee, baking powder, chips, and walnuts, mix until thoroughly combined. Pour into prepared baking pan and bake approximately 30 minutes. Start watching at the 20 minute mark as you do not want to overcook. When a knife inserted comes out clean, remove and cool slightly. Enjoy this dessert warm with a dollop of fat free frozen vanilla yogurt.