Stay Healthy Blackened Sole Fish
- 2 4oz fillet of sole
- Hot skillet on the stovetop (I prefer cast iron): prep with canola or olive oil
- Mix together in a bowl large enough to pat the fish into the spice:
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- ½ tsp of each of the following: ground thyme, oregano leaves, ground cayenne red pepper, ground ginger, curry powder, lemon pepper, garlic seasoning
- Press the fish into the spices until well covered, or you can toss the spices into a paper lunch bag, shake to mix, place the fish in the bag, and gently turn the bag over a few times to coat the fish. The important thing is to ensure all the spice is pressed into the fish.
- Cook the fish on a HOT oiled skillet for approximately 3 minutes per side. Be careful when turning the fish over as this is a gentle sole & will break easy. Cook for an additional 3 minutes or until fish is flaky. Use a large spatula to lift the fish intact and place on plate to serve with your favorite side salad. I enjoy a lemon garnish to express fresh juice on the fish.
(c) Stay Healthy Fitness