Stay Healthy Lemon Cookies
- ½ cups organic coconut oil (heat to melt)
- ½ to 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Juice from one fresh Meyer lemon
- ¼ tsp. fine ground sea salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ cup 100% whole wheat white flour
- ½ cups organic granulated sugar to roll cookie dough in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare baking sheets lightly with coconut oil, or my preference is using a baking stone where no oil prep is required.
- In a large mixing bowl, melt the coconut oil and add the sugar, stirring until well combined. Add the vanilla, egg, lemon zest and juice, continuing to mix until well combined. Place the dry ingredients (excluding the organic granulated sugar) on top of the wet ingredients, and slowly stir until just combined. Pour granulated sugar onto a large plate. Place a heaping teaspoon of cookie dough onto the plate and roll in sugar until covered. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 9-15 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown, and they do not sink in when touched. These will be a soft cookie with lots of lemon flavor. Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
(c) Stay Healthy Fitness