Sweet Potato Chocolate Cake
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup Scottish oatmeal (oats fine ground to flour consistency)
- ½ cup vanilla whey protein (you can use chocolate as well)
- ¼ cup flax meal
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Wet Ingredients
- 1 very large steamed sweet potato, peeled and mashed
- 3/4 cup plain n/f Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup vanilla or chocolate almond milk
- 1 whole egg & 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- I add this option: 1/2 cup of extra dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I use a 9 x 9 Stoneware pan so I do not have to oil, otherwise, prepare a large square cake pan with oil and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, and fork through until finely mixed and no lumps remain from the cocoa powder. Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients and set aside. Mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. Pour the liquid in the middle and spoon mix all the ingredients well. Pour into pan and ready to bake ... simple healthy goodness!
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
(c) Stay Healthy Fitness