Stay Healthy Almond Chip Protein Cookies
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 2 large organic eggs
- 3 tbsp organic coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup rough chopped raw walnuts
- ¼ to ½ cup dark chocolate chips (I like to use at least 60% dark)
- Preheat oven to 375. Have a large mixing bowl, fork and large mixing spoon ready. Place eggs in the bowl and fork whisk until blended, add almond butter and continue fork blend until well combined. Add coconut sugar, vanilla extract, flax meal and chocolate whey protein, using your large spoon to continue the blending process. Add walnuts and chips last.
- Using a large tbsp, scoop dough onto cookie sheet (I love to cook on stoneware) and flatten with the back of your spoon or hand. Bake in preheated oven for 14 to 18 minutes. Check cookies at the 10 minute mark to check for browning. My cookies were done in 15 minutes with a nice brown to them, and still soft on the inside. Remove from oven when slightly brown and put on wire rack to cool. These are fabulous warm straight from the oven. These make a fantastic meal replacement anytime and a great take with snack when on the go!
Yields 8 large cookies
(c) Stay Healthy Fitness