- 1 cup premium 100% whole wheat flour
- ½ cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 organic eggs (2 egg whites/ 2 whole eggs)
- 1 small steamed sweet potato, peeled
- 1 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ cups Stevia in the Raw
- 2 cups fresh shredded carrots
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Optional Cream Cheese Frosting: I prepare this and keep in a small bowl in the refrigerator and place on top of each individual slice of cake if desired.
- 1 8oz package of fat free or light cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup Stevia in the Raw
- Almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the whole wheat flour, vanilla whey protein, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, mix cooked sweet potato, organic applesauce, egg whites and whole eggs, and Stevia in the raw and blend until light
- Beat in whole wheat flour mixture.
- Stir in shredded carrots, crushed pineapple, chopped walnuts, raisins, and flaked coconut on low speed. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 15-20 minutes and enjoy slightly warm
- Cut into 16 squares
- Optional Cream Cheese Frosting Directions: In the bowl of an electric mixer, place softened cream cheese and vanilla, mix to creamy. Slowly add the Stevia until well blended while adding Almond milk one tablespoon at a time until creamy frosting consistency. After the sliced cake is placed on the plate, add a dollop of the frosting and enjoy!
(c) Stay Healthy Fitness