Crockpot chicken is another example to show that eating healthy doesn’t have to be dry and boring. In fact, I spice up this recipe with herbs and fresh rosemary to add lots of flavor and taste. My shredded, boneless, skinless chicken breast comes out moist and tasty every time!
I couple my main course chicken with crockpot brown rice for a fabulous meal. I place ½ cup of the cooked brown rice on a lunch-size plate or in a bowl, and then top it with approximately ½ to 1 cup shredded crockpot chicken. Additionally, you can use this shredded chicken for tacos, wraps, or eaten as is for a quick meal anytime!
- Set a large oval crockpot to 6 hour cook, or the time you would like to have the chicken done.
- Put the following ingredients into the crockpot:
- 4 organic boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ to ½ cup gourmet Yoshida sauce
- Sriracha hot chili sauce (squirt to cover the top of the chicken)
- Heavy sprinkling of organic herb mix (non salt)
- 1 tbsp crushed red chili peppers
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Using a fork, move and coat all the chicken breasts with the mixture until evenly combined. Cover and let the chicken cook for the allotted time selected (I use a 6hr cook). Open the lid and fork the chicken to shred and combine the juices and chicken together, until all liquid is absorbed. Remove the rosemary sprigs and discard.
- (Optional) Slice fresh organic avocados and layer on top, sprinkle with Cholula Hot Sauce, and add a side spoon of plain nonfat Greek yogurt.