Stay Healthy Crustless Sweet Potato Pie
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups plain fat free yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon fat free maple syrup to drizzle on top
- Scrub, pierce, and cook sweet potatoes in the microwave until soft or peel and cube potatoes and place into steamer basket and place steamer basket into a large pot of simmering water that is no closer than 2 inches from the bottom of basket. Allow to steam for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Mash cooked and peeled potatoes with a potato masher in large mixing bowl and set aside. Toast the chopped pecans for about 8 minutes in the pre-heated oven while putting the pie together.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place sweet potatoes in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat with the paddle attachment. Add yogurt, Stevia, cinnamon, nutmeg, and eggs. Beat until well combined. Taste the ingredients to see if the spice and sweetness is to your liking. Adjust any sweetness/spices to your liking by adding a little at a time ... a little Stevia.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the sweet potato custard reaches 165 to 180 degrees. Remove from oven and cool. Top with Fat Free Vanilla Frozen Yogurt. Refrigerate uneaten portions and use for snack the next day.
(c) Stay Healthy Fitness