Stay Healthy Eggplant Pizza
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 1/2 cup organic jarred marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese or reduced fat Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil for brushing
- Sliced nitrate free pepperoni (or use your favorite toppings ... we also used black olives, artichoke hearts, pesto instead of red sauce, etc.)
- Slice the eggplant and sprinkle with salt on each side. Set aside on large baking sheet for thirty minutes, rinse and pat dry. This removes the bitterness from the eggplant.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Brush or rub each side of the eggplant slices with olive oil. Sprinkle both sides 1/2 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Place eggplants slices on a cooling rack that’s on a baking sheet, and bake until they are softened and a little brown, approximately six minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spoon the marinara sauce on the eggplant slices, add the cheese and nitrate free pepperoni. Go crazy with adding your favorite toppings!
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for another five minutes, until the cheese is melted. For an extra crisp topping, broil for a few minutes until browned. Enjoy!
(c) Stay Healthy Fitness