Do you want to try this absolutely easy to make meal power packed with all the protein, omega 3 fatty acids, fiber, and antioxidants that your body needs? Fire up the outdoor gas grill to medium/high heat and let’s get cooking a Stay Healthy Meal!!!
Stay Healthy Grilled Salmon and Green Sides
- Nice Cut of Salmon (a portion will be the size of your palm)
- Fresh Rosemary
- Garlic Cloves
- Fresh Basil
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts
- 1 to 2 tbsp REAL butter or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese (very light dusting)
- Fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 Fuji apple
- 1 handful crumbled walnuts
- 1 handful dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar to your liking
- Italian seasoning blend
- Pre-heat gas outdoor grill to medium high heat (350 to 400 degrees)
- Salmon: Place the Salmon onto a piece of heavy duty foil creating sides to hold any juices and spices. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the fish. Finely chop 2-3 garlic cloves and sprinkle on top, strip the fresh basil and sprinkle over the fish, followed with the fresh chopped basil leaves. If you do not have fresh rosemary and basil, feel free to use jarred spice. Carefully place your foiled creation onto the prepared grill and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Brussel sprouts: In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Wash and drain brussel sprouts. Carefully pour into boiling water and let cook until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain off the water, and add the 1-2 tbsp real butter, or olive oil and lightly dust with Parmesan cheese. Stir and set aside.
- Spinach Salad: In a large bowl place the baby spinach leaves, add chopped apple, handful of crumbled walnuts, and dried cranberries. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning blend, add approximately 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and toss the salad until all ingredients are well coated.
(c) Stay Healthy Fitness