Spicy Prune Protein Cake
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup diced prunes
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 whole organic egg
- 1 cup Scottish Oats (fine - medium ground rolled oats)
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the oats and prunes in a small bowl and pour boiling water over stirring to combine. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk almond butter, and coconut sugar until creamy. Add egg and mix until well combined. Add oat-prune mixture and mix well
- In another bowl, fork together the Scottish oats, whey protein, baking soda and spices until thoroughly combined. Add to the creamed mixture and stir to mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9" square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes. Check at 25 minutes with a knife inserted in center. When the knife comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Serve cake warm for dessert with a dollop of vanilla frozen yogurt.
(c) Stay Healthy Fitness