- Lean turkey instead of beef
- Whole black or pinto beans instead of refried beans
- Cabbage instead of iceberg lettuce
- Greek yogurt instead of sour cream
- Flatbread instead of fried corn tortilla
Stay Healthy Turkey Tostada
- 1/2 lb ground lean turkey tostada
- 1 can organic whole black or pinto beans
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
- Crushed red chili pepper
- 1 jar jalapenos (your heat preference)
- Taco seasoning
- 1 small bag shredded cabbage
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Flat Out Wrap (whole grain) or similar healthy bread
- Heat skillet and spray with Pam or nonstick spray, add some of the diced onions and cook until translucent. Add turkey meat to the onion and crushed red pepper to your taste preference. Mix the meat, onion, and pepper with a fork. Add the taco seasoning mix to spice preference, and 1/4 cup salsa. Continue to cook the turkey meat with the added ingredients until done. In a separate pan, heat beans on low adding a small amount of taco seasoning or salsa to taste, smashing to a chunky spreadable consistency.
- Heat griddle and place 2 Flat Out Wraps cooking until brown and crispy (careful not to overcook as they will break on you).
- Toppings: Shredded cabbage, diced tomatoes, diced sweet onion or red onion (your preference), diced avocados, Plain Greek yogurt for sour cream
- Putting it Together: Spread a layer of beans onto the crispy Flat Out Wrap, add a bit of turkey meat, shredded cabbage, tomatoes, onion, avocado, jalapenos and yogurt.
(c) Stay Healthy Fitness